The Gateways to Opportunity School-Age and Youth Development Competency Toolbox includes a variety of resources supporting assessment within a competency-based system.
Toolbox organization is based on the 7 Gateways Content Areas.
- CPD: Curriculum or Program Design
- FCR: Family and Community Relationships
- HGD: Human Growth and Development
- HSW: Health, Safety and Well-Being
- IRE: Interactions, Relationships, and Environments
- OA: Observation and Assessment
- PPD: Personal and Professional Development
The School-Age and Youth Development Credential has 2 additional content areas:
- PAGF: Program and Agency Governance and Function
- AP: Advocacy and Policy
Assessments are included within each content area. The Assessments provided correspond to Credential Levels (Level 2, 3, 4, and 5). Faculty select Assessments based on alignment between targeted competency and the highest leveled Assessment target. The following provides an overview of each of the Content Areas, aligned competencies, and related Assessments, by Level (2-5).
Please note: Titles for each Assessment include Level and in some cases, Assessments include multiple choices for each level.
SAYD Advocacy and Policy
SAYD Curriculum or Program Design
SAYD Family Community Relationships
SAYD Health Safety & Well-Being
SAYD Human Growth & Development
SAYD Interactions, Relationships & Environments
SAYD Observation and Assessment
SAYD Personal & Professional Development
SAYD Program and Agency Governance & Function
Master Rubrics are provided for each of the competencies included within the 9 Gateways School-Age and Youth Development Content Areas. Assessments can be designed based on using Master Rubrics in their entirety, or by using a unique compilation rubric rows.
Master Rubric Organization
Each Master Rubric includes the targeted competency in the column to the far left. Columns from left to right denote varying levels of proficiency for each targeted competency.
Master Rubric Color Coding Scheme
Master Rubrics are color coded based on Credential Levels rubric rows align to:
- Level 2 = Yellow
- Level 3 = Green
- Level 4 = Orange
- Level 5 = Blue
SAYD Master Rubrics
- Curriculum or Program Design Master Rubric PDF DOC
- Family & Community Relationships Master Rubric PDF DOC
- Human Growth & Development Master Rubric PDF DOC
- Health Safety & Well-Being Master Rubric PDF DOC
- Interactions, Relationships & Environments Master Rubric PDF DOC
- Observation and Assessment Master Rubric PDF DOC
- Personal & Professional Development Master Rubric PDF DOC
- Program and Agency Governance & Function Master Rubric PDF DOC
- Advocacy and Policy Master Rubric PDF DOC